Oh, big life changes.
Whether it’s a job you’d love but with a huge pay cut or a big move to a new city, I totally get it.
When you have the opportunity to make a Big Life Change, it can be a very scary thing.
In fact, I think the fear is the worst part.
The biggest fear that I hear from people who are considering a major change to get something they’ve always want boils down to this question:
Am I going to regret this?
We don’t have a crystal ball, I do have 10 questions you can ask yourself as you’re making the decision, so that you feel confidence you’ve given it a lot of thought.
Try using these before you make a decision and see how you feel.
Thinking out the possibilities before committing can leaving you feeling clear and confident about why you’re making this decision.
1. What core values are being honored in this decision?
2. What are the costs of this decision? Can those be mitigated? If so, how?
3. What are the alternatives?
4. What are you saying “no” to? What are you saying “yes” to?
5. If you struggle with this transition, how can you use your strengths to work through this?
6. How will success be measured?
7. What people in my network will offer me accountability and support?
8. How will you remind yourself to be patient with yourself?
9. If you begin to struggle, what are some small action steps you can potentially take to address potential problems?
10. How will you feel by honoring your core values?